I cooked these these this morning as a warm up for a serious cake baking attempt and they were well worth it. Light, crisp and just the right hint of cinnamon as you finish. Only problem with these type of biscuits is stopping at the one.
125g butter, softened
165g caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons extra
200g self raising flour
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 180
2) Cream the butter with the 165g of sugar. When it’s light and fluffy beat in the egg.
3) Add the sifted flour to the butter
4) Make marble sized balls of the mixture and roll them in the combined cinnamon/extra caster sugar. Line a baking tray with paper and push the balls out, leaving space between them.
5) They should be done in 10-12 minutes.
6) Cool them on a rack, they will be ready in next to no time.
My batch made 36.